Alcohol. Think Again. Women’s Rugby
Alcohol. Think Again Women’s RugbyWA competition
The introduction of two new teams into the Alcohol.Think Again Women’s competition for the 2016 season saw Western Australia stake a claim to the single largest women’s competition in the nation.
The arrival of new side’s Perth Irish and Swan Suburbs continues the amazing growth in the women’s game over the last few years. The Alcohol.Think Again women’s competition fielded just five teams back in 2015 but the introduction of Southern Lions, Curtin Uni and Palmyra last season along with this year’s new additions takes the competition to an all-time high of 10 teams.
The growth of women’s rugby is not just limited to the metro area with regional sides the Geraldton Tiger Sharks and the Dunsborough Busselton Squids set to feature in exhibition matches throughout the year.
The doubling of the competition’s size has come off the back of the Under 18s school and club competition that began at the back end of 2014 and with the introduction of the Under 14s pathway numbers are expected to continue to grow.
With the introduction of rugby sevens for the Rio Olympics year and the Rugby World Cup to be held in Ireland in 2017, interest in women’s rugby has never been higher and we can expect to see more and more girls and women coming through the pathway.
After a fantastic 2016 Alcohol. Think Again Women’s rugby season the future looks bright from women’s rugby in the west.
To register for 2017 click on the closest club below.
- Arks REGISTER HERE
- Cottesloe REGISTER HERE
- Curtin University REGISTER HERE
Palmyra REGISTER HERE
- Perth Bayswater REGISTER HERE
Perth Irish REGISTER HERE
- Joondalup sisters Contact Genetha Smith email@example.com
- Kalamunda REGISTER HERE
- Southern Lions REGISTER HERE
- Swan Suburbs Contact Jodie French firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wanneroo REGISTER HERE
Women’s High Performance 2017:
Trials for Alcohol. Think Again Western Force Women’s XVs side will be March 11th Venue TBD after a series of clinics and development opportunities in February. Nominations Here- https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SNH7R37
Women’s Nationals for 2017 will be held at Runaway Bay on the Gold Coast from May 11-14.
National team dates will be June 2-18 (New Zealand) and Aug 1 – 27 (Women’s World Cup and Preperation).
For information on Sevens High Performance Opportunities Click HERE
For information of Sevens Events click HERE
For information on Junior Girls Rugby Click HERE
All other queries relating to womens rugby can be directed to Nicole.Serafini@westernforce.com.au or 08 9387 0702 during office hours.
- 2017 Pindan Premier Grade Grand Final Preview
- RugbyWA Senior Grand Finals Preview
- State's Best Recognised at 2017 Grand Final Breakfast
- RugbyWA Supporters' Rally
- Around the Grounds - Semi Finals
- RugbyWA 2017 Semi Finals Preview
- Andrew Forrest AO and the Western Force launch the ‘Double the Impact – Own the Force’ campaign
- Around the Grounds - Round 18
- Alcohol. Think Again Spring 7s Providing Pathway to State Teams
- The Road Safety Western Force Under 16s Squad Named