Southern Lions on the Prowl for a Head Coach to take on Reserve and Third Grade Teams
The Southern Lions Rugby Club is looking for a Reserve Grade Head Coach, who is looking to become a Premier Grade Head Coach in the near future.
The club seeking aspiring coaches who are confident in scrum and lineout play.
About Southern Lions RUFC
Southern Lions is a growing Rugby Club playing in the WA Premier Rugby competition. They have Senior (Men/Women/Colts) and Junior (U6-U17) grades.
Located in the southern suburbs of Perth, Western Australia. Southern Lions RUFC joined the WA Premier Rugby competition in 2018, and is looking to climb up the proverbial “rankings”.
The Reserve Grade Head Coach is a vital part of the growth in the WA Premier Rugby competition.
Southern Lions RUFC Pre-Season training shall commence in early 2019, for a competition start in early April 2019. The XV’s season runs to September 2019.
• Strong personal qualities particularly in leadership and man management skills.
• The candidate should be able to impart their knowledge willingly while remaining approachable to players, coaches, managers, supporters and club visitors alike.
• 3-5 years minimum coaching senior grade rugby as a Head or Assistant Head coach.
• Level 2 Preferred (Level 1 as a minimum, L2 by end of the season).
• Up to date Technical knowledge of the following areas:
1. Rugby structures for attack and defence.
2. Forwards set piece play i.e. scrums, line outs, kick-offs etc.
3. Defensive positioning and movement.
4. Individual Positional skills and technical requirements.
5. Rugby tactics and strategies.
6. A sound understanding of current rugby laws.
If you are enthusiastic about the role please contact (in confidence) Director of Rugby Brett Fell on 0410 163 072, or email Ronan O’Shea on firstname.lastname@example.org